Thursday, July 3, 2014

Welcome!

ARCADIA, OK - Hello everyone! Welcome to my travel blog. As most of you reading are my friends and family, you already know about my upcoming trip but in case any of you missed the details, here is what's about to happen: I was accepted to attend a seminar/training that is being held in the city of Leipzig, Germany for U.S. German teachers. The goal is to improve fluency as well as learning better methods for teaching the language. I fly out of Oklahoma City on Saturday, July 5th at just after 3:00 p.m., and after 14.5 hours in transit I should arrive in Leipzig around noon on Sunday, July 6th (local time).  This trip will last the whole month of July, and I will not be returning home until Monday, August 4th.

As most of you know, I'm both excited and nervous about this trip. It is definitely an amazing opportunity and something that I'll never forget and I feel will make me a better teacher. I'm excited about the opportunity to live in Germany for a month and get a decent, if short, immersion experience that I've never had before. I love to travel and explore and so this trip will be an excellent change for all of that. At the same time it is a little intimidating at first glance considering I'll be 5,000 miles away from home in a foreign country where I don't know anyone. Definitely out of my comfort zone, but in a good way.

Check back here for (hopefully) regular updates as I go on this adventure. I'll post pictures and insights and anything else I find interesting on the blog, so that all of you can experience this trip with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment